Jordan Knauff & Company Celebrates its Twenty-Year Anniversary
|It is with great pleasure that middle-market investment bank Jordan Knauff & Company (JKC) announces its 20th anniversary. The firm was founded on March 1, 2001, by Mr. G. Cook Jordan, Jr. and Mr. Thomas E. Knauff with a clear purpose: to provide experienced, professional and sophisticated investment banking services to the middle-market of American business.|
For the past two decades, JKC has been providing professional investment banking services to middle-market companies across the U.S. and looks forward to the continuation of the journey in the years ahead.
JKC would like to thank all of its clients, legal, tax and accounting partners, and staff members who have contributed to its commitment to deliver successful outcomes to American business owners and executives. Reflecting on the firm’s accomplishments, Mr. Jordan commented: “The middle-market is where the professionals in our firm have spent their careers and we are proud to call ourselves investment bankers to the leaders of the middle-market and the financial entities that transact with them. The greatest rewards from our work during the last twenty years are the contacts, relationships, knowledge and experience gained from our clients and industry partners. It is to them that we owe our gratitude and our success to date.”
JKC’s comprehensive experience as middle-market owners, managers, investors and investment bankers enables it to provide professional services in the manner that best ensures successful outcomes for its clients, regardless of the type of transaction undertaken – selling a company, raising capital, or advising on an acquisition or a series of acquisitions. A representative sample of the firm’s success over the past two decades are highlighted below.
- Energy Distribution Partners (EDP), a leading distributor of propane and light fuels, was co-founded in 2012 by JKC who also served as the lead investment banker responsible for raising over $70 million in capital. After 26 acquisitions, EDP became the eleventh largest retail propane distributor and one of the top ten independent multi-state marketers in the U.S. In 2020, EDP was recapitalized by Pritzker Private Capital and Duchossois Capital Management.
- Roanoke Companies Group, Inc. (Roanoke) was a leading manufacturer and marketer to mass retailers, professional distributors and original equipment manufacturers of a comprehensive and proprietary line of construction chemical products and related tools and accessories used in the installation and repair of flooring systems. In 2006, Roanoke was sold to H.B. Fuller Company (NYSE: FUL) for approximately $270 million.
- Dynapower is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of custom AC and DC power supplies, bi-directional inverters for energy management systems, and power transformers. The company delivers fully integrated power system solutions by producing and supplying major sub-assemblies and services that are designed and built in-house. In 2012, Dynapower was sold to Pfingsten Partners LLC.
- Mexican Cheese Producers, Inc. was a leading manufacturer of premium branded Mexican and Hispanic cheese products. The company was experiencing difficulty obtaining funding due to its complicated structure. JKC was able to restructure the company and consolidate all assets into a single entity, facilitate the repurchase of a minority stake, raise $11 million of expansion capital and negotiate the cancellation of a purchase option. In 2007, the company was sold to a subsidiary of ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. (Bolsa Mexicana de Valores: ALFA and OTC OTHER: ALFFF.PK) for approximately $50 million.
- Liberty Propane, LP (Liberty), a retail propane distribution company, was founded by JKC and company management in 2003. Serving as investment banker, JKC authored the business plan, assembled the management team, raised the initial debt and equity capital ($50 million) and was instrumental in raising further capital ($50 million in equity and $75 million in debt). Through 26 acquisitions, Liberty grew to become the ninth largest retail propane distributor in the United States. In 2009, Liberty was sold to Inergy, LP (NASDAQ: NRGY) for approximately $234 million.
- In 2010, JKC served as exclusive financial advisor in the sale of two wind power developments in Poland (totaling 775 MW) to The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES). When fully developed, the wind development portfolios have the ability to double Poland’s installed wind power capacity and increase Eastern Europe’s installed capacity by 55%.
Jordan Knauff & Company’s work has been recognized in the investment banking community by several “Deal of the Year” designations, including:
|2016-2020||Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year in the United States (ACQ5 Magazine)||
|2016-2020||Capital Raising Advisory of the Year in the United States (ACQ5 Magazine)||
|2020||Equity Financing Deal of the Year (The M&A Advisor Awards)||iOR Holdings, Inc.
|2017||U.S.A. Private Equity Deal of the Year ($5 to $50 million) (The M&A Atlas Awards)
Materials Deal of the Year (The M&A Advisor Awards)
Recognized Leaders in Private Equity Transactions – U.S.A. (Wealth & Finance International Alternative Investment Awards)
|Top Master, Inc.
|2016||Best Equity Capital Raising Transaction
(Wealth & Finance International Alternative Investment Awards)
|BH New Opportunity Fund 2015|
|2015||Best Start-up Direct Investment
(Wealth & Finance International Alternative Investment Awards)
|Energy Distribution Partners|
|2013||Deal of the Year ($75 to $100 million) (The M&A Advisor Awards)
Energy Services & Manufacturing Deal of the Year (The M&A Atlas Awards)
|Dynapower Company LLC|
|2010||Green Energy Deal of the Year (The M&A Atlas Awards)
International Financing Deal of the Year for the Energy Sector (The M&A Advisor Awards)
Middle-Market Financing Deal of the Year (The M&A Advisor Awards)
|3E and Windprojects SP|
|2010||Equity Financing Deal-Maker of the Year: Thomas E. Knauff
(The M&A Advisor Awards)
|Liberty Propane, LP|
About Jordan Knauff & Company
Jordan Knauff & Company is a knowledgeable and experienced provider of a comprehensive line of investment banking services to private companies. Services include selling companies, raising debt and equity capital, acquisition advisory services, and strategic business services to companies in a variety of industries, including among others, energy logistics and distribution, flow control (pumps, valves, filtration), and building products and services. Typical transaction sizes range from $10 million to $300 million in total consideration.
Mr. G. Cook Jordan, Jr., Co-founder and Managing Principal, has over 30 years of private equity and investment banking experience, and seven years of executive and operations experience in middle-market companies. JKC’s entire professional team have spent their careers in the middle-market and offer that expertise and knowledge to their clients. It is their mission to provide the best transaction advisory services along with in-depth industry specific research to middle-market companies and the entrepreneurs who lead them. Jordan Knauff & Company is a member of FINRA.