Whether the decision to sell is under consideration or has been reached, business owners are wise to retain an experienced and knowledgeable partner to help them achieve a successful outcome. Owners want to know that they are engaging professionals who understand their business and industry, who appreciate the magnitude of the importance of the decision to sell, and who will represent their interests with accountability, credibility, and integrity.
JKC personnel have directed the sale of more than 100 companies in a variety of industries and offer that broad and applicable experience to the full spectrum of business owners – entrepreneurs, family or partner owned businesses, private equity, or corporate owners – in developing the right liquidity structure and implementing a transaction that is tailored to the requirements of the selling ownership.
At every step in the process, JKC transaction team members conduct themselves as collaborative partners to the client’s banking, accounting, tax, and legal advisers.
- Owners seeking a partial or complete sale of their businesses
- Owners selling because of retirement, market timing, capital gain realization, inter-generational transfer, liquidity or other external factors
- Entrepreneurs, family or partner owned businesses, private equity or corporate owners
- Professional management of a highly complex and detailed process
- A thorough understanding, based on practical experience, of the various challenges that occur inside a company when it is being sold
- A breadth of knowledge and experience which provides early recognition of critical transaction issues such that they can be dealt with in a preventative fashion, thereby increasing the probability of a closing
The JKC Business Sale Process – Snapshot
Considering the Sale of a Company?
Experience has taught us that the decision to sell a company is complicated and challenging for a myriad of reasons, which often include a mix of financial, personal, and emotional considerations. As part of the financial considerations, we believe that prospective sellers of companies should be enabled to make a fully informed decision based on their company’s specific net range of value in the marketplace.
To help the owners of businesses understand the net proceeds that the market will yield, JKC has developed a valuation method called Company Specific Valuation. The service incorporates analytical processes and research of market trends in the prospective seller’s industry. This information, along with other components of company specific research, is used to determine a reliable range of net value which then becomes an important component of the seller’s decision.
Please visit our Strategic Business Services® page for more information about a Company Specific Valuation.
If you would like a JKC Investment Banker to contact you, please visit our confidential Contact Page.